Friday, July 1, 2011

Halfway there!

July 1st

Six months ago I agreed to join a club w/an old college friend.  I joined this club w/other women across the country.  Together, we have seen each other at our highest and lowest.  We have all acheived something in the first half of the year.  It has defiently been a roller coaster ride.  Some have made the ultimate sacrifce, by becoming a full time mom and wife, another is growing life in her belly...we get to be so fortunate to be present to what she is experiencing, others have lost weight and two have made a huge leap, will make a journey to a new place, while one is getting healthy.  I am so blessed to have new friends and old, to help me through my own journey.  The one thing that we have in common...I couldn't ask for anything better...free advice and the best cheerleaders!!!

I am going into the next six months with the same goals; lose weight, better relationships and being more organized.  As you know, I have started training for a mini-tri, I also have two half's I am going to do in the fall.  Training for something, has kept me on track w/my weight.  I fit into my shorts, I have worn them a couple of time...IN PUBLIC!!  I also can zip up those white capris, still haven't worn them yet.  I think this weekend I am going to buy a size 10.  Even though my ultimate goal is to lose weight, the small goal inside this is to drop a size.  I also have been nicer to my husband.  I still need to work on it.  I get upset when he critizies my cooking.  But he only critizies it when I don't drentch the food in butter or oil.  It's also hard when we are not on the same wave length (exercise).  But I am working on it, I do love him w/all my heart...I just worry like hell about him.  Last is my organizational skills...they are getting better but not great. 

I am doing great!!  This fat girl is definetly becoming the incredible srinking woman!!  I started this blog at 167 and six months later I am at 158.  I have lost 2 inches in my tighes and 1 inch in my waist.  I have given my sister ALL of my size 14 pants.  I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THAT AGAIN!!!  When I got pregnant with Sofia, I was 193lbs...that will never be me again!  I went from a tight 14 to a loose 12.  I know I will never be a 2, but it would be nice to be a loose 8.  Single digit pants???  Hell yes!!  In 2 1/2 years I have lost 35 lbs, with 28lb to go!!  I have only been 130 once in my life...I want to get back to it one more time!!

Well ladies...thanks for all the support!!  I appreciate everything!!!!!  PS--My spell check is not working.

Let's go team!

Goals
**Bike
**Weights
**Sit ups
**Vacuum car

My 5's
>>My 2 1/2 year old daughter running w/a football (one handed)
>>My health
>>The brave firefighters, putting their lives in danger to put out all the fires in NM
>>Long weekend!!
>>Hitting my goal (work)

The Fat Girl and Her Goals

1 comment:

  1. I love you Mel! You're going to have to change the title of your Blog! :)

    I can hardly wait to see you in a month!

    ReplyDelete