Thursday, February 24, 2011

I've got butterflies in my belly

February 24th

I am on my last trip to El Paso...ok so my last "work" trip.  I'll be back to this stinky town next weekend for the race.  Oh man that race...I spoke to one of my dealers, he's a runner.  I was telling him about my fears.  I told him 8 miles has been my longest run.  (My girlfriend Alice said I should be fine that's how she trained for the San Fran 1/2)  I told him how nervous I am about my shins.  He told me what to do.  He also told me I should run 14 this weekend.  So my plan on Saturday is to do a dress rehearsal.  So, I am going to run to my sisters, my running partner is going to meet me there and run back with me.  He's not wanting to tempt 14 miles if he doesn't have to.  But I think him running back with me will be very helpful.  I got this!!!!  Ladies, thanks for all the support!!  I must go, here are my goals...


Goals
**Eat well
**Exercise
**See all my dealers on my list

My 5's
>>My Mom, she helps out so much!
>>Modern Family--those idiots make me laugh!
>>Employees at my hotel know me by name
>>Getting an invite to the royal wedding--oh wait, I didn't get one!  But I am going to Belen wedding Saturday, you know plastic ware, Elks Lodge, the marchi, ironed wranglers (because that's dressed up in Belen) and a pg bride!!!
>>Listening to my son read...it's music to my ears

2 comments:

  1. This is a great blog! Go get'em MEL! And take photos of all the dressed to impressed Belen'ites!

    ReplyDelete