February 23rd
I have really fallen behind this past week. I have only blogged twice in a week. I need to get back on track. I have two weeks until my first 1/2 marathon! To be honest, I don't know if I am ready. If I keep telling myself that, I won't be ready. Every time I run, I just think of the little time it takes out of my life. When I want to stop, I just think, that an hour is a small fraction of my entire life. I will have to run on a treadmill twice this week. I guess I need to physic myself out for that too. Dear treadmill, let's be friends. I need to run five miles on you tonight, can you be nice to me? Let's see if that works, I let you know tomorrow! I am running two days in a row, I know it's a runners no no. But I have to get some long runs in before the 6th. So I want to get 8 miles on Saturday and a 10 mile run on Sunday.
Yesterday I ate and ate and ate. I didn't eat anything bad. I had a pear for breakfast and was starving by 11am. I had subway (3rd time this year), turkey and no cheese. By 2.30, I was starving again!! So, I stopped by Smiths to pick up some cookies for one of my dealers and picked up a sandwich for myself. I took off the cheese and one side of the bread. And guess what by 5.30 when I got home, I was starving AGAIN!! I ate a turkey burger w/o bread grilled mushrooms and onions. I also had baked fries. I am telling you this because??? Because, if I didn't have my tubes tied I would have sworn I was pregnant. For those of you mamma's that went through that stage in your pregnancy when you were always STARVING, that's how I felt yesterday. It was very weird.
So since my race is in two weeks, I REALLY have to eat good. I know, I know...I was supposed to start this in the beginning of Feb, well guess what...it didn't work so well!! I know that the next two weeks I really have to stay on a schedule. I don't want to let all of you down or myself. No drinking for two weeks, either!!!
Ok, ladies...like exercise this blog makes me feel better. Thanks for all the support!!! Let's go team.
Goals
**Run
**Catch up everyone's blogs
**Eat good
My 5's
>>The support I have from family and FT'ers
>>Nike wristband--(really don't know if that's what it's called)
>>Meat
>>The pediatric center
>>GOOD WEATHER!!!
YOU are indeed ready for your race! It's all about getting there. You're making great food choices & you're hungry because your metabolism is in high gear. Keep rockin' Mel for Mayor! You rule!
ReplyDelete