September 10th
Two things happened ten years ago in September. A horrific event that changed the lives of every American...and to think 9/11 brought us all together, regardless of race, religion and political background. I hope tomorrow we can reflect and come together again as one, not fight amongst each other. I am so sick of everyone blaming the other person. We have forgotten what this country was built on. I hate to sound political but, all parties should cut all the bullshit and work together. I am so sick of EVERY politician working for themselves and the corporate contributors. We have it on both sides...I think everyone of our politician's is a corporate sell out. Ok, so I fell off the subject of the two events in my life. Sorry, no more politic talk! The second event in my life was the beginning of what was going to be a career. I began a life of cars ten years ago this month. I had only been with the Garcia Group working a finance assistant (gofer) for two weeks when 9/11 happened. A decade has passed since the Pearl Harbor of our generation and my beginning in the car business. I have come far from the 22 year old girl working funding delays and picking up lunch. I know I am not comparing the two. But a lot has happened in my life in that decade. I pray that my children will not have to experience an event so tragic as 9/11. I am also so grateful that a dear friend of mine was safe and sound.
I have told you that I have been scared to run by myself. Mainly because of encountering loose dogs. But I have done a few miles here and there without a running partner. But this morning I knew I needed to do a six miler. My running partner couldn't make it and I knew I needed to do it today. I did great except around mile 3. There were two suspicious men in a van hanging around the main road I run on. So, I decided to hike up another road that leads to our urgent care, run behind the HS football field then have Paul pick me up. Not only was I worried about the men, it started to sprinkle on me. I got to where we were supposed to meet, but no Paul. There was more traffic so I felt safe and ran until I caught up with Paul. The strange van had left. I could have ran all the way home...why am I such a scaredy cat? Anyways, I ran in the rain and it started to pick up. Not counting the creepy old men in the van. I had a really good run and am confident I will do well next Sunday. Plus, I really enjoy running in the rain. Actually my favorite time to run is when the weather is gloomy and it's 60-70's.
I know I go off the road sometimes with my blogs. I apologize. But I truly thank you for ALL the support, I take it to heart. It's great to have such great cheerleaders!!!
Goals
**Run
**Grocery Shop
**To work on my writing techniques and be close to the eloquent writings of Ms Awesome
My 5's
>>Weekends
>>Being so blessed!! <--still high on endorphins
>>My Health
>>Soccer season
>>Wearing sweatshirts!
The Fat Girl and Her Goals
No comments:
Post a Comment